The UScale Private Charging Infrastructure Retail Study examines the experiences e-car buyers have on the way to their private charging infrastructure. The study is based on a survey of 1,500 e-car buyers and young owners about their information and service requirements in the pre-purchase and purchase process. In addition, more than 500 e-car buyers who are not looking for a private charging solution were asked about the reasons for not buying.
- Non-purchase reasons
- Information phase
- Information needs and sources, search participants, employer support
- Single-family home charging solution
- Charging technology, manufacturer, advance check, follow-up requirements
- Charging solution for apartment buildings
- Charging technology, authorization, billing
- Overall rating
- Biggest barriers, recommendation
Development of the private charging infrastructure retail study
The study participants were asked about their experiences, problems and open wishes on each topic. As part of a final evaluation, the respondents were able to share their strongest barriers in the information and purchase process as well as recommendations to a friend in detail in several free text fields. These provide information about the most important optimization and service requirements.
Target group of the private charging infrastructure retail study
Only e-car buyers and young owners who were currently or within the last few months looking for a charging solution for their home were recruited.
Added value and benefits of the private charging infrastructure retail study for …
Manufacturer and reseller of charging infrastructure
The study shows manufacturers and sales partners of charging technology what questions e-car buyers have when looking for the right private charging infrastructure and what products and services they are looking for.
The data shows providers …
- which information should be offered on which channels.
- which products with which features have the greatest sales opportunities among single-family dwellers.
- who are the most successful providers they are competing against.
- what solutions MFH residents are looking for and what support they need.
District and project developer, energy supplier
The wishes and experiences of current buyers show neighborhood developers and energy suppliers which offers should be developed and installed with particular urgency.
UScale focus studies: User studies on electromobility
Since 2018, UScale has been systematically questioning e-car drivers about their expectations and experiences at all touchpoints of the e-mobile customer journey. For more information on the UScale focus studies, please see HERE.
You can find more information about the results of the study HERE .
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.