MEASURING THE CUSTOMER PERSPECTIVE
CUSTOMERS HARDLY PLAY A ROLE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF INNOVATIVE SERVICES
It has become a standard to involve customers in design thinking workshops as a part of the product creation process. Before market launch, test customers check for bugs and usability issues. Later, satisfaction survey follow.
The long list of failed innovations clearly shows that this is not sufficient. Way too often it is not possible to bring convincing offers to the market.
The results are low usage rates, slow diffusion, low conversion and low willingness to pay.
In addition, there is an image loss for providers who would have liked to show innovation and digitization competence.
For a long time, companies accepted that digitization does not lead to significant income in the short term, but especially in times of crisis, even the most patient controllers ask for the business case at some point.
MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT NEED A TRANSLATOR
Every company has customer knowledge. But only a small part of it is used to improve products and services and to exploit sales potential. Why?
We at UScale are convinced that customer orientation does not belong in Sunday speeches and keynotes, but in daily work. However, this only works if subjective customer opinions are translated into hard management indicators and clear action items.
Let us be your translator. At UScale, together with our university partners, we have developed a research concept specially customized for innovative products and services. This delivers the measuring of the customer perspective in a way that everyone in the company is able to work with:
- Investors and Project Managers: We deliver a KPI on the Product Market Fit of your product, allowing them to estimate the future market success very well.
- Innovation Managers: We provide a tool to quantitatively prioritize innovation ideas.
- Product Managers: We provide a KPI allowing you to control the target dimension “customer” on a par with budget and time in the project.
- Developers and IT: We deliver clear those customer requirements for their specifications which are truely crucial for the success of the product.
- Marketing and Sales: We provide the messages with the biggest impact sales of innovative products and services.